In a fast-paced manufacturing facility, Powder Coat/Parts Washer rotate job positions as needed to wash, and spray powder to the surfaces of manufactured products by performing the following duties. (Job duties completed in Powder Coat using a Negative Pressure Respirator.)
- Follow safety/environmental guidelines at all times
- Clean grease and dirt from product using Industrial Equipment with detergent mix and phosphates.
- Apply masking tape over parts and areas that are not to be coated.
- Using Powder Coating Equipment and proper technique directs powder spray onto work surface/product.
- Drives forklift truck and/or pallet jack as required.
- Operates monorail system to load and unload ovens
- Operate ovens to prepare product for powder coating and final drying.
- Able to pass a pulmonary function test.
- Knowledge of appropriate MSDS.
- Other duties as assigned
- Hours per day – Second Shift 4:30pm to 3:00am, Monday through Thursday, overtime as needed.
- Work Breaks – 3 10-minute breaks daily, 2 afternoons and 1 evening. 30-minute lunch break.
- Work performed while
- Sitting – 5%
- Standing – 95%
- Kneeling, Bending, Stooping, Pushing, Pulling – 35%
- Light – 1-15 pounds – frequently
- Medium – 16-45 pounds – Frequently
- *Any lifting over 50 lbs. requires assistance or use of mechanical device.
- Carrying distance – Up to 25 feet frequently
- Environment – Temperature from 25 to 110+ degrees. Fumes, dust, humidity, noise.