In a fast-paced manufacturing facility, Grinder-Cleaner uses various hand-held industrial grinders, scrapers, chippers to clean slag and other particulate from metal subassemblies. Requires knowledge of general shop practices and shop safety. Requires good oral communication skills, listening skills, and ability to learn. Will require hearing baseline testing, use of hearing protectors, safety glasses and safety shield. Works independently and in cooperation with other employees. Operates forklift truck, overhead cranes and hoists.
- Comply with Shop and Department Safety Rules and practices.
- Attendance- present at scheduled shift to perform assigned tasks.
- Safely operate grinders and hoists; safely use some hand tools.
- Hours per day – 6:00am to 4:30pm, Monday through Thursday, with opportunities for overtime.
- Work Breaks – 2 15-minute breaks daily, 1 morning and 1 afternoon. 30-minute lunch break.
- Work performed while
- Sitting – 5%
- Standing – 95%
- Kneeling, Bending, Stooping, Pushing, Pulling – 35%
Light – 1-15 pounds – frequently
Medium – 16-45 pounds – Frequently
*Any lifting over 50 lbs. requires assistance or use of mechanical device.
- Carrying distance – Up to 25 feet frequently.
- Environment – Temperature from 25 to 110+ degrees. Fumes, dust, humidity, noise in excess of 85db.