MTC’s Accounting Associate is responsible for processing, compiling, and preserving bookkeeping transactions and records related to MTC’s Canadian office. The Accounting Associate will create customer invoices, complete payment processing, and post journal entries in support of MTC Canada operations. The associate will use standard accounting practices to prepare account breakdowns/analyses to reconcile payments, charges, and credits as well as to resolve discrepancies when needed. Generates division reports as required to assist with month-end close, year-end close, and auditors. The Accounting Associate interacts with all levels of management, supervision, and their peers while maintaining confidentiality; must be able to work independently and in cooperation with other employees
- Confidentiality and attention to detail is essential for this position.
- Requires understanding of accounting/bookkeeping procedures.
- Processes and prepares accounts receivable invoicing and accounts payable transactions.
- Generates reports and maintains files pertaining to MTC Canada to include bank reconciliation.
- Prepares and submits Canadian Goods and Services Tax (GST).
- Proactively review accounts receivable and accounts payable to minimize past due occurrences.
- Prepares analysis of accounts, as required.
- Creates and posts General Journal Entries.
- Assists in monthly closings.
- Assists with special projects and backs up other internal accounting functions, i.e., Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and Payroll Time Keeping.
- Use of internal MRP Software, QuickBooks, cloud-based software, and MS Office (Word, EXCEL, Outlook, etc.). Operate fax, scanner, copier, and other office equipment as necessary.
- Maintains Canadian correspondence.
- Maintains professional, courteous customer-service attitude in all interactions.
- Attendance, present at scheduled shift to perform essential functions.
- Perform other responsibilities as determined by business needs.
- Hours per day –Monday – Thursday, 6:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Overtime as needed to complete job assignments and meet deadlines.
- Work performed while
- Sitting – 70%
- Standing – 20%
- Kneeling, Bending, Stooping, Pushing, Pulling – 10%
Light – 1-15 pounds – frequently
Medium – 16 – 25 pounds – occasionally
- Carrying distance – Up to 50 feet occasionally.
- Environment – Office with central heat and air.