The Quality Assurance Technician inspects and tests products at different stages of the production process including purchased components, materials, manufactured parts, weldments, and assemblies. This requires the ability to understand mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic technical drawings, the use of measurement devices (measuring tape, calipers, micrometer, electrical meters, etc.), the use of Microsoft Office, the use of the ERP system, and the ability to effectively communicate with others in a team-oriented environment. The ideal candidate has a demonstrated desire to learn and quality control experience in MTC’s areas of manufacture. With minimal supervision, works independently and in cooperation with other employees.
- Comply with Shop and Department Safety Rules and practices.
- Attendance- present at scheduled shift to perform assigned tasks.
- Use of measurement devices (measuring tape, calipers, micrometers, electrical meters, etc.).
- Reading mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic drawings.
- Understanding purchased component technical specifications.
- Use of Microsoft Office and general computer skills.
- Use of an ERP system (CloudSuite Industrial a plus).
- Ability to communicate effectively with others in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability and desire to continually learn.
- Audit materials, parts, weldments, and assemblies.
- Document audit results and communicate to others in the company and/or supply chain as required:
- Work with employees in each area to identify, understand, and correct deficiencies.
- Work with the Purchasing department and Vendors to ensure purchased component compliance.
- Generate Engineering Change Orders to update designs and drawings.
- Generate the Quality Report
- Other duties as assigned.