The Mechanical Design Drafter prepares working layouts and finished drawings of components, assemblies, or systems from specifications, prior layouts, well-defined sketches, models or verbal instructions sufficient for detailing food handling and battery handling equipment. The Mechanical Design Drafter will also be required to identify customer needs and supply accurate and efficient solutions, while maximizing the promotion and sale of MTC products. Candidate will design and distribute professional CAD drawings based on information gathered from internal and external customers. Extremely high professionalism in the oral and written word is essential for all communications. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to be successful.
The ideal candidate is Auto-CAD/ Inventor proficient in mechanical design, knows nuts and bolts of mechanical design and can take a sketch and make shop drawings that work. Inventor is highly preferred, however, experience in other 3D solid modeling software packages (Solidworks, etc.) will be considered.
- Attendance: present at scheduled shift to perform essential functions.
- Must possess Interpersonal skills with the ability to discuss problems with tact and diplomacy, and resolve logistical requirements related to the projects.
- Ability to design new products and redesign existing products.
- Highly proficient use of the latest AutoCAD platforms taking into account customer facilities, layout requirements, equipment specifications and design, per instructions from the MTC sales group and clients.
- Generate 3D Models & detailed CAD drawings.
- Work with vendors to source new components.
- Create detailed part, weldment, sub-assembly and assembly drawings that meet Engineering standards.
- Must be able to analyze and process required information to conclude whether the product meets the client’s specifications and required national standards.
- Ability to incorporate change notices.
- Review work on engineering designs for manufacturability, accuracy, and completeness.
- Provides technical support for sales, engineering, and manufacturing.
- Contributes to sales engineering effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommending options and courses of action.
- Performs mathematical calculations to work out detailed additions to specifications.
- Makes corrections, revisions, and changes to layouts as directed by the Engineer.
- Coordinates and works in conjunction with other drafters and engineers designing, laying out, or detailing same or related products.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Other duties may be assigned.