In a fast-paced, manufacturing facility, the Material Handler for the welding department places materials/parts in designated locations both physically and virtually by logging moves into the ERP system. The Material Handler locates and retrieves materials necessary for assigned jobs, including delivering materials to welding workstations primarily by use of a Fork Truck. Organization skills and data entry are essential to this position. The successful candidate must have attention to detail, be computer literate, and have the ability to identify different types of steel, stock items, and manufactured parts.
- Attendance- present at scheduled shift to perform assigned tasks.
- Comply with Shop and Department Safety Rules and practices.
- Read shipping logs, bills of lading, job orders, and packing lists.
- Accurately identify parts.
- Must be knowledgeable of Shop Floor Locations.
- Log accurate locations of parts/materials into the ERP system.
- Safely operate forklift and overhead cranes.
- Other duties as assigned
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
- Strong work-ethic (i.e., committed to high-quality, punctual/good attendance, stays busy and productive).
- Knowledge of Computer Systems and ERP Software.
- Ability to work alone or with others and to interact with all levels of management.
- Hours per day – 6:00am to 4:30pm, Monday through Thursday with occasional opportunities for overtime.
- Work Breaks – 2 15 minute breaks daily, 1 morning and 1 afternoon. 30 minute lunch break.
- Work performed while
- Sitting – 5%
- Standing – 95%
- Kneeling, Bending, Stooping, Pushing, Pulling – 35%
Light – 1-15 pounds – frequently
Medium – 16-45 pounds – Frequently
*Any lifting over 50 lbs. requires assistance or use of mechanical device.
- Carrying distance – Up to 25 feet frequently.
- Environment – Temperature from 25 to 110+ degrees. Fumes, dust, humidity, noise.