In a fast-paced, manufacturing facility, a Material Handler receives all shipments of raw steel; offloading trucks, verifies bills of lading. Materials Handlers assist employees with locating and retrieving materials necessary for assigned jobs, including as necessary delivering materials to layout workstations. Light Layout skills are a plus, including punching, bending and drilling. The qualified candidate will be able to identify different types and sizes of steel. Computer literate preferred.
1. Accurately identify and measure steel from stock
2. Accurately read tape measure
3. Read shipping logs, bills of lading and packing lists
4. Move Inventory in MRP System
5. Cycle count material
6. Sort steel and place in appropriate locations
7. Comply with Shop and Department Safety Rules and practices
8. Safely operate forklift and overhead cranes
9. Attendance- present at scheduled shift to perform assigned tasks
10. Other duties as assigned
1. Hours per day - 6:00am to 4:30pm, Monday through Thursday.
2. Work Breaks - Two 10-minute breaks daily and a 30-minute lunch break.
3. Work performed while
a. Sitting - 5%
b. Standing - 95%
c. Kneeling, Bending, Stooping, Pushing, Pulling - 35%
Light - 1-15 pounds - frequently
Medium - 16-45 pounds - Frequently
*Any lifting over 50 lbs. requires assistance or use of mechanical device.
4. Carrying distance - Up to 25 feet frequently.
5. Environment - Temperature from 25 to 110+ degrees. Fumes, dust, humidity, noise.