Under the supervision of the Lead Maintenance Technician, the Maintenance Helper/Custodian is responsible for assisting Maintenance Personnel with duties and tasks as assigned as well as maintaining the cleanliness of all manufacturing break areas, locker room areas, rest rooms, floors, and stock of supplies. The Maintenance Helper/Custodian will also assist in conducting assigned daily inspections, routine maintenance, preventive maintenance and other maintenance performed on all company owned property, manufacturing equipment and facilities. Will be capable of or assisting/repairing and maintaining, in accordance with instructions from Maintenance Personnel by following diagrams, sketches, operation manuals, and manufacturer’s specifications, all company owned machinery. The Maintenance Helper/Custodian must be able to work independently and in cooperation with other employees.
1. Conducts all function in accordance with safety program and uses appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in all areas.
2. Keep track of necessary supplies for soap dispensers, towel/tissue dispensers, cleaning supplies necessary for the facilities and submit requests to supervisor within an appropriate time frame for them to be replenished
3. Cleans/mops break rooms, locker rooms, and shop bathrooms.
4. Empties garbage containers from break areas, outside cans, shop offices, shredders, and other areas as needed.
5. Follows proper procedures for using and /or mixing cleaning supplies/chemicals.
6. Adheres to the Lockout/Tagout program.
7. Visually inspects and tests machinery and equipment.
8. Perform daily preventive maintenance on equipment, grease machinery and check fluid levels on equipment and forklifts.
9. Cleans and lubricates shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery.
10. Repairs and maintains physical structure of establishment.
11. Attendance- available at scheduled shift to perform assigned tasks.
12. Lift 50 pounds and carry for 25 feet.
13. Other duties may be assigned.