The Weidematic Layout Fabricator is a detail-oriented, skilled employee who uses blueprints, tape measure, square, brake press, shear, and 45-ton turret press to fabricate steel parts for production of food and battery handling equipment. Daily, Layout Fabricators use shop math skills including knowledge of angles. They recognize and measure steel of various types and sizes, use good oral communication skills, listening skills, and their ability to learn. The Layout Fabricator candidate must be able work independently and in cooperation with other employees and interact with all levels of management and supervision. The Fabricator should be able to set-up and operate a shear, brake press, and with some training, the 45-ton turret press.
1. ABILITY TO READ TAPE MEASURE.
2. Accurately read and interpret blueprints.
3. Comply with Shop and Department Safety Rules and practices.
4. Accurately identify and measure steel from stock.
5. Safely operate grinders, shears, brake presses and turret press.
6. Ability to lift up to 75 pounds and carry for distances to 15 feet.
7. Other duties as assigned.