Layout Fabricator is a detail-oriented, skilled employee who uses blueprints, tape measure, square, saw, punch, plasma cutter, break press, and shear to fabricate steel parts for production of food and battery handling equipment.
Daily, Layout Fabricators use shop math skills including knowledge of angles.
1. Accurately read and interpret blueprints.
2. Comply with Shop and Department Safety Rules and practices.
3. Accurately identify and measure steel from stock.
4. Safely operate grinders, band saws, pneumatic tools, hydraulic presses, shears and break presses.
5. Mechanical ability.
6. Ability to focus with many distractions in a noisy work environment.
8. Ability to work alone or with others and to interact with all levels of management